Riverside CA, Complete Coach Works announced today the delivery of the three rail cars of a 127 car rehab for AMTRAK/CalTrain.
The project includes a mix of passenger cars domiciled in both Los Angeles and Oakland California, all of which will be stripped to bare walls and floors, and have all structural issues with the floors and walls corrected. Once all structural concerns have been
corrected the cars will be finished off with new carpet and rubberized flooring, newly upholstered seats, and new wainscoting on the walls all of which combine to give the cars a fresh new look and feel.
Before Interior Rehab:
During Interior Rehab:
After Interior Rehab:
“We have been working on various rail projects for the last several years and we are especially proud to have been selected by AMTRAK and CalTrain for this important project. Providing their riders with a fresh clean and comfortable riding experience is an important element of their overall strategy to retain existing riders while pursuing new riders” stated Kevin O’Brien, General Sales Manager of Complete Coach Works. “We are very excited about being part of that important mission.”
Complete Coach Works is the nations largest supplier of remanufactured transportation vehicles, repowers, emission upgrades and wheelchair lift retrofits. Located on a modern ten-acre facility in Riverside CA, Complete Coach Works brings nearly 25 years of expertise dedicated to serving the Transit Industry.
Amtrak partners with the State of California to operate these high-frequency, state-supported trains:
- Capitol Corridor (San Jose-Oakland-Sacramento-Auburn) 7 daily round trips San Jose-Oakland, 16 round trips Oakland-Sacramento (11 on weekends) with one extending to Auburn.
- Pacific Surfliner (San Diego-Los Angeles-Santa Barbara-San Luis Obispo) 11 daily round trips San Diego-Los Angeles (12 on weekends), 5 round trips Los Angeles-Santa Barbara-Goleta, with2 extending to San Luis Obispo.
- San Joaquins (Oakland/Sacramento-Fresno-Bakersfield, with motorcoach connections to Los Angeles) 4 daily round trips Bakersfield-Oakland, 2 daily round trips Bakersfield-Sacramento.
Total California Station Usage: 11,866,636
Amtrak’s corridors in California are among the busiest in the system.Ridership figures include:
- The Pacific Surfliner (San Diego-Los Angeles-Santa Barbara-San Luis Obispo)—the 2nd-busiest corridor in the U.S. had 2,898,859 riders in FY08. This was 7.1% higher than FY07 and 83.7% higher than FY00.
- The Capitol Corridor (San Jose-Oakland-Sacramento-Auburn)—the 3rd-busiest corridor in the country had 1,693,850 riders. This was 16.8% higher than FY07 and 120.6% higher than FY00.
- The San Joaquins (Bakersfield-Oakland/Sacramento)—the 6th-busiest corridor in the country had 949,611 riders. This was 18.0% higher than FY07 and 40.5% higher than FY00.
California has the highest Amtrak usage of any state in the country.